Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Flat Four Father

Huy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Huy

^^ He's spot on...

I really want to go back to NZ, the place is just amazing. You will be comprehensively blown away when you hit the countryside. It's just so pure and pristine.

Stack that Cheese
Old 03-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

i would love to go see NZ from what iv seen on tv and photo from people in know there place looks beautiful.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:55 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

Here's a tip.. join a european contiki tour for a month, have an absolute ball and meet a bunch of NZ (and others) friends that you'll genuinely love and keep their friendship for life. then when you travel to their country, u have a free place to stay and your own personal guide !

but for a true travel experience, go to a country that has a different native language and totally different culture and then do what the locals do. it's a totally different experience!

www.lumensphotography.com
Old 03-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

If you go to Singa's - Dont forget to visit the Ministry Of Sound nightclub, after coming outta Perth, it's like ur in heaven with god as ur dj...... lol

But yeah, NZ skiing is supposedly tops... South America - Rio, Venezuela, Peru, etc. Know someone that got back from there a while back, and its great place to see - Beautiful but a bit on the risky side - Good if your up for an adventure.

Whats your budget and how long have you anyway?
Go and see Vicas at flight centre Northbridge, he's bloody helpful and pretty good pricewise too.

Just another 2c..
Old 03-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

All depends on what you like. For me, its the environment and animals. Especially oceans / mountains / forrests etc

Kimberlies and some remote parts of the Northern Territory are SPECTACULAR and i've been fortuneate enough to experience places i never thought existed!

Gold Coast is heaps of fun if you wanna get drunk and party with other drunk tourist chicks Also Seaworld et al are pretty good. Seaworld Nara Resort is very good and you have that 6 start hotel just nearby which looks awesome too!

Sydney and melbourne is shit :P So is adelaide LOL.

Tahiti / Hawaii / etc would be cool as would Africa and South America!

Going to Austria next year too visit a good mate which is gonna be fun i'm sure! Free Accomodation too
Old 03-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

I'm quite likely one of the few people that havnt really been on holidays yet in my life.

My trip to Albany was my first real trip away in quite some time.

Dont get the attraction of it to be honest.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Banned

impresser at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
All depends on what you like. For me, its the environment and animals. Especially oceans / mountains / forrests etc

Kimberlies and some remote parts of the Northern Territory are SPECTACULAR and i've been fortuneate enough to experience places i never thought existed!

Gold Coast is heaps of fun if you wanna get drunk and party with other drunk tourist chicks Also Seaworld et al are pretty good. Seaworld Nara Resort is very good and you have that 6 start hotel just nearby which looks awesome too!

Sydney and melbourne is shit :P So is adelaide LOL.

Tahiti / Hawaii / etc would be cool as would Africa and South America!

Going to Austria next year too visit a good mate which is gonna be fun i'm sure! Free Accomodation too
Hey Mat where in Territory have you been ??
Old 03-09-2006, 10:55 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Alex at standard level

Has anyone been to North or South America? Share your experiences?
Old 04-09-2006, 12:12 AM
STI Master

Bakks at standard level

Currently in the USA. NYC is a crazy place, where you can spend a lot of money. DC is pretty shit, Boston isn't bad. Over the next few months will be seeing some of the less touristy places though which will be great.

Tahiti is nice too but VERY expensive. If you go, don't stay on the main island.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Sir AntiLag

Jaded at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Jaded

Im fairly lucky to have travelled a bit in my life...

Malaysia - KL was hot and stinky and busy.. but the east coast was absolutely beautiful.. beaches out of this world.

NZ- we used to have a house there as well.... but that was when i was little... all i remember was trying to skim stones on lake tekapo... having a ball haha

Japan - (before I was into cars at age 15) had an absolute ball.,.,. so much to see and do... went skiing there also.... hard to believe the difference from the business of capital cities and denser areas to the mountains where the are is so pure and everything so clean and white snow! Being able to find absolutely anything you want in a vending machine is also a novelty.

Africa - Probably my favourite holiday so far... so cheap... total culture shock... Im not sure Id recommend going it alone.. or without a local. I have rellies over there who know where NOT to go... some parts can be very dodgy. Safari was out of this world... seeing a lion/giraffe/elephants etc all wandering around in natural environment is a whole different level from going to the Zoo. If you do go on safari... make sure you go on a night time one as well... many of the animals only come out at night! - but pack the most extreme fly/mossie repellent available !! CApe Town is absolutely gorgeous... similar to perth but cheaper and with water so cold you literally cant swim in it without getting a cramp.

Thailand - Ive done a fair bit of thailand over the last couple of trips there... also a bit of culture shock,,.. once you get over the seediness of seeing beautiful young thai girls with fat american old businessmen its a nice place. soooooo cheap for shopping ! Id recommend a visit to chinatown (only open sunday) they have the silver and gold markets... silver is 1/3 the price it is here.. stock up !!

i think that will do me for now.... Europe is next on my list.. organising my british passport as we speak

Tags
holidays