Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > The Quokka
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Scoobie Noobie

mattis at standard level
Default '97 Suzuki RMX 250 - ADR Approved Version

'97 RMX 250 - ADR Approved Version

I've got myself a rego'd road/trail bike so the old one has to go - it has served me very well for the last 6 odd years when I have actually managed to get the time to ride it (it's been ridden probably less than 12 times over that period sadly)....

It is the ADR approved version and I did originally buy it with rego but Ive since handed in the plates and its now a pure trail bike. It does however have speedo, warning lights, switch gear, brake switches, brake light reg/rec, and mirrors so if you wanted to you could put some work and parts into it and take it over the pits.

Has the following:

* 2000 model RM250 plastics (inc fuel tank)
* Factory Effex gripper seat and sticker kit
* Noleen pipe, FMF muffler
* Braided front brake line
* Excel rear rim
* Acerbis twin halogen headlight
* Alloy brushguards and rear master cylinder guard
* Renthal bars/bar pad
* New grips (only one ride old)
* Twin air dual stage air filter

Ive changed the gearbox oil along with the coolant after every second ride (or before the next ride if it had been longer than 6 months) and cleaned the air filter regularly. Has been reliable as, never had an issue with it mechanically.

Only issue with it at the moment is that it doesn't quite idle right sometimes. I think it's jetting, the previous owner mentioned it had been re-jetted to suit the pipe but I haven't really checked/played around with it too much to confirm. Starts and runs fine off idle and all the way through the rev range just stumbles a bit at idle every now and again and will stall if you don't blip the throttle at idle.

Bike is just taking up valuable space in my garage atm so would like it gone sooner rather than later.

Price: $2300 ono

PM me or email: mattis at westnet.com.au